Sep 15, 2015

Just Found Out: Lu Han's new single, "That Good Good"

I got that good good.................





So Lu Han, a former member of EXO, is in the process of releasing his first mini album Reloaded I 重启 #luhanreloaded, with the title track "That Good Good".

The reason I didn't put this under reviews is because 1) I'm too lazy to make a proper review for this and 2) Lu Han isn't relevant in the Korean industry so it doesn't make a lot of sense to put him in such a category dedicated to that. So this Just Found Out section is basically anything that is somewhat relevant and/or related to k-pop in a way. Now back to Luhannie:




 I like everything about the song except for the "I got that good good". It reminds me about what I don't like about American music: stupid catchphrases in songs that don't make any sense and are used in everyday language, especially by teenagers (which sucks for me since I am one and have to go to school with them. If I hear the phrase "lit" or "turnt" one more time). Lu Han and whoever helped on the song could've made a better chorus. Other than that, the song sounded low-key sexual. Since other languages don't have any exact translations to English, there's phrases that are supposed to mean a specific thing. Here are some examples in the song:
-Just as this second where the system reloads, The useless system has already been completely cleared."
-"Don't keep suppressing that fantasy in your heart."
-"123 get ready then open it"

And these are just some of the Chinese lyrics. The English ones are a dead give away:
-Starting with "I got that good good"
-"I'll tell you about how it's gonna feel"
-"Make you wanna scream"
-And the mix between Chinese and English, "I'll make you high, you won't cry"


Plus side is that his English and pronunciation is really good so no cringing at Engrish. I don't think I'm gonna download the song though. The "I got that good good" really ruined it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment