Sep 17, 2015

iKON "MY TYPE" REVIEW [MV]



iKON finally had their debut with the track "My Type. Let's chat, shall we.





SONG:

The song wasn't what I expected it would be for iKON. Since they have B.I. and Bobby I thought they would go for something a little more hardcore and powerful. The song itself was good but the timing of it wasn't that great for me. Autumn is coming soon so this song is perfect for the upcoming weather, but this song doesn't really do the job a debut song should. This is more of a comeback song for me. The debut song should showcase the talents the group members have to its full potential. It doesn't help that 80% of the song was just B.I. and Bobby. I really wanted to here some main vocal in there somewhere.
Rate: 6/10



MV:

I'm honestly just glad that this music video wasn't in a box. But then again I don't really see how it could. Since this song is kind of slow and it is a YG group (dancing is below average unless you're Taeyang, Seungri or Minzy), I was hoping for more of a story line throughout the video. There was some sort of plot in the beginning with the girls passing by, but then the rest of the video was just them being cute goofing off and having fun.
Rate: 7/10


No comments:

Post a Comment