Jun 19, 2016

EXO 엑소 "LUCKY ONE" & "MONSTER" REVIEW [MV]


EXO released their title tracks "Lucky One" & "Monster" for their album EX'ACT. Let's chat, shall we.






SONG:

I like this song and it reminds me of "Love Me Right". The feel of it makes it seem as though it was supposed to be on their last album, but too good so it was saved.

When I first listened to it, I was like "meh", and that was probably due to the fact that the music video was also "meh". I watched their comeback stage on Mnet Countdown and the song started to grow on me. Especially the part before the chorus that goes "Neo meo, Neo meo, I don't mind".
Rate: 8/10



MV:

Whoever did their highlighting deserves like their own planet or something. IT WAS PERFECT. 

Besides that, the music wasn't that interesting to me. Yes, the visuals were on point and the MV seemed to be focused on that, but it wasn't a music video I'd want to watch over and over again. 

The music video displayed some of the powers from the MAMA era, like with Chanyeol using his fire, Baekhyun holding using light, and Suho drinking using water. Fan theories even think that the music video is a continuation of the "MAMA" story.q

P.S. What the hell was up with Kai's random dancing?
Rate: 6/10







SONG:

Someone call a hospital because that beat was ILL. 

The rap is one of the best raps in EXO's entire discography. Probably because the track was a hip-hop/electronic sound which made it fit, and for the fact that Sehun got lines

Singing-wise, Chen and D.O's stuck out the most. Probably because they weren't stuck with the lines that were like "---- beat/silence, another ------". Chen's high notes were great and D.O's deep voice was perfect for the song and theme.

Rate: 10/10



MV:


I was pleased with how they showed the most powerful and impactful parts of the choreography in the video. I'm also glad that they released a dance version :D.
Rate: 9/10


No comments:

Post a Comment