Oct 8, 2015

TAEYEON 태연 "I" (feat. Verbal Jint 버벌 진트) REVIEW [MV]


Taeyeon released her title track "I" for her solo debut and mini album I. Let's chat, shall we.




SONG:

This song is catchy and really laid-back, compared to what I usually listen to. She also wrote her own lyrics, which makes me happy since SNSD is known for being idols, not artists. She also had Verbal Jint on this track and was glad his rap was in the beginning since it wouldn't fit if it was towards the end. Taeyeon's high notes and powerful voice doesn't fail to impress me. One thing that did bother me was her Engrish. Her enunciation didn't bother me, but the grammar did. "My life is so beauty." That's the only thing that made me cringe throughout the song (**UPDATE** she was saying "My life is a beauty. All for English enunciation). Other than that, the song was beautif-- wait-- beauty.
Rate: 8/10


MV:

The video was pleasant. I wasn't worried about it becoming a box MV since boxes usually revolve around choreography and Taeyeon doesn't really care about dancing. I like how the video and her debut wasn't concept-based and seemed very natural. It was soft and easygoing, like Taeyeon. It really does capture the essence of I. Her acting was honestly a little awkward for me but it was acceptable.
Rate: 7/10



No comments:

Post a Comment