Jun 3, 2016

LUNA 루나 "FREE SOMEBODY" REVIEW [MV]



Luna released her debut single "Free Somebody". Let's chat, shall we.



SONG:

SM is reaaaallly going on with this 80s pop vibe. First with BoA, and now with Tiffany and Luna. 

If it wasn't for the fact that this is a dance song, I would've given it a 6. Luna's voice is nice, like usual. The actual music has the 80s vibe I've mentioned before as well as EDM elements. However, the lyrics were quite repetitive and the ONLY memorable part of the song is the chorus. But then again, it's a dance song and not supposed to be taken so seriously.
Rate: 7/10



MV:

I wasn't expecting the cartoons and they're very trippy if you catch my drift.

I really wonder if DHL and SM have this sponosrship thing going on. First, Luna was wearing the DHL shirt in her teaser pictures, and now it's in her music video as her main attire. It's like if Beyoncé was wearing a FedEx dress in her music videos.*sigh* SM keeps stretching product placement.

For a dance song, I expected more dancing in the music video. The dance cuts in the music video out of context looked like she was performing a mating call for the guy in the elevator. However, the way she dances reminds me of BoA, very care-free but with precision and swag.

P.S. The male co-star is cute as hell.

Rate: 9/10


No comments:

Post a Comment