May 28, 2016

Just Found Out: Jia Leaves miss A

Another one bites the dust.....................





Jia's contract with JYP Entertainment has expired and she's decided to not renew it. This means that she's no longer an idol under JYPE and that she's no longer a member of miss A. She left this message for her fans on her Weibo and Instagram:


        “I have thought about it (the departure) for a long time, on how I am supposed to tell everyone about the news. It has been ten years since I left my hometown to develop my career. I want to thank JYP Entertainment for the training I received, thank you fate for letting me become a part of miss A. Thank you to the members, my older sister Fei and my two younger sisters, Min and Suzy, I will continue cheering for you guys. And I want to thank our fans who are supporting miss A. I hope you guys will continue to support me too, I will work hard!”




Believe it or not, I'm actually surprised that she left. Even when looking at the cycle of JYP artists, I'm STILL surprised that she left.




Outside of miss A promotions, Jia never really got a lot of promotion or activities. Korean netizens even described her as "lazy", making her the least popular member of her group (however, she's still a prominent Chinese figure in Korean entertainment). 




Everyone knows that Suzy is JYP's favorite (no hate), so she has her dramas, Cf deals, and variety show appearances, which she's all great at. Fei is the second favorite in the group, as she's brought as a package deal when Suzy goes to variety shows. Fei was also able to promote in China, and has a decent fan base out there outside of miss A. Min is the third favorite and she occasionally promotes on variety shows, and she does her own dance-related things. Seeing Jia on a variety show or promoting by herself is a rare gem, which is sad considering she's was my favorite member.



Jia will now leave/is leaving for China to grow her career and popularity there, and hopefully she'll be successful.

MENG JIA HWAITING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment